Experienced Garden Designer
Belderbos Landscapes is an established, yet growing landscape design, construction and maintenance business, based in South West London. We enjoy a good reputation and receive a continuous flow of quality opportunities from prospective clients.
We are looking to recruit a full-time, experienced garden designer to join our team, at our office in Colliers Wood, SW London. Our design team comprises one other experienced garden designer and supported by two Junior Garden Designers. The design team work with our build teams across London on internal design projects.
Key objectives of role
- Create beautiful, feasible and compelling designs that can satisfy our prospective clients' aspirations.
- To accelerate the turnaround time of designs – so the sales cycle from first meeting to starting the landscaping project is prompt and efficient.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing business in a positive and supportive work environment. You will have access to high-end project design opportunities for a variety of clients.
- Meeting clients independently, to take briefs for new projects or to present design plans.
- Writing clear client design briefs with fee proposals.
- Excellent standards of design and preparation for client meetings.
- Ability to make quick decisions and turnaround designs efficiently.
- Good planting knowledge and ability to create imaginative planting plans.
- Designing clear well annotated 2D Vectorworks master plan designs.
- Good knowledge of hard landscaping materials.
- Win projects and close sales generated by our incoming stream of enquiries.
- Undertake reliable site surveys.
- Work effectively with different in-house teams and attending site visits.
- Keep pace with new design ideas and knowledgeable of current trends.
- General office administration.
- Qualified garden/landscape designer.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships, in and outside the company.
- Good horticultural knowledge.
- Solid organizational and planning skills.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Landscape Architect, Garden Design Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Vectorworks.