Belderbos Landscapes is an established and growing landscape design, construction, and maintenance business, based in Colliers Wood, SW London. We have several teams building and maintaining gardens and outside spaces for residential and commercial clients all over London.
We are looking to recruit a full-time, experienced and permanent gardener to join our Garden Maintenance Team. This person will be responsible for looking after existing high-end client gardens.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of a growing business in a supportive environment. You will gain valuable experience, working at some prestigious addresses and unique, high specification gardens. The ideal candidate will be experienced and/or qualified in garden maintenance / horticulture. They will also be honest, self-motivated, reliable, and have a friendly yet professional approach with clients.
- Daily garden maintenance, driving to different client gardens in London, using a company vehicle.
- All aspects of garden maintenance, such as weeding, pruning, planting, lawn mowing, jet-washing, and installation/maintenance of irrigation.
- Knowledge to suggest additional plants and ideas to further develop gardens to both client and Maintenance Manager.
- Regular communication with the Maintenance Manager - feeding back on the status of client's gardens.
- Ability to plan year-round work required in client's garden, prioritising work each visit knowing what needs to be done and when.
- Competent in using the appropriate power tools where required.
- Confident in speaking to clients, updating them on the work being undertaken and making recommendations on ideas to improve and develop their garden.
- Experience of working alone or in a team, delegating to assistant gardeners.
- A positive 'can-do' attitude - willing to go the extra mile.
- Three years minimum experience of working in high-end, residential gardens and / or horticultural qualifications such as NVQ Level II, RHS Level II or similar.
- Passionate about horticulture.
- Full, UK driving license and willing to drive on behalf of the company.
- Reliable, honest and excellent work ethic.
- Methodical - excellent at organisation, planning-ahead and project management.
- Excellent communication.
- Discerning eye for detail.
- Knowledge and experience of simple maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Comfortable working alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships and to gain the respect and trust of clients and colleagues.